Tryon Equine Hospital is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented veterinary technician for our growing practice located in Columbus, NC. This individual will work closely with the supervising veterinarian(s) to provide preventive care, diagnose injuries and illnesses, and perform medical procedures on patients either inside or outside the clinic.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer intravenous and intramuscular injections, perform venipunctures, apply wound dressings, and take vital signs.
- Collect blood samples as required and perform routine laboratory tests, document results, and communicate with the appropriate veterinarian.
- Submit or analyze lab samples as required.
- Responsible for post-surgical or post-treatment cleaning procedures during shifts as needed.
- Help to maintain the cleanliness of the facility (i.e., clean stalls, wash floors, sweep, clean, disinfect surfaces, clean treatment and surgery areas, etc.).
- Assist veterinarians as needed for procedures to include holding and jogging horses.
- Maintain all written medical logs for patient records.
- Assist with the overall maintenance of the clinic and facility, including bathrooms and lab area, as needed.
- Other projects as requested.
- Excellent horse handling skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to lift 75 -100 lbs.
- Ability to restrain up to 1,200 lbs
- Equine experience.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent communicator
- A valid driver’s license
- Veterinary Technician’s License a plus
Hours: Day shifts, night shifts, and swing shifts as needed, plus weekends as needed. Hours are variable. Overtime as directed. Full-time position with benefits.
Application process: Provide a letter of interest and resume to Stacy Tapp at firstname.lastname@example.org.